Friday, May 27, 2011

I dare you to speak of this at work

Feel

Heart

Body

Spirit/Soul

Love

Dream

 

These words and concepts raise eyebrows and generate awkward sideways glances in the established work world. Even before I was paid to shock the organizational system into acknowledging that all of us sitting in the room are human beings with heart and mind; body & soul- I was a "name the elephant in the room" kind of girl. 

And still, I have that moment when my pulse quickens and my heart jumps into my throat and I think, "Can I really say this here?" 

Isn't it surreal when people sit around a table and pretend that they aren't a jumble of emotions and aspirations. There is an amost palpable feel to the energy of suppression. Supressing our souls, our feelings, our dreams. 

I dream of the day when the kind of deep, open and real covnersation that happens between me and my clients are the norm in organizations. I guess that is the future I am trying to create.

Because my awe for humanity is such that I beleive that when we bring ourselves fully into relationship with each other- miraculous things unfold

 

No comments:

Post a Comment