Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Embracing Passion

I have always been a little skeptical about the word: PASSION. I always hear it as if it is written in capital letters. Can it be trusted? Do we find our passion? Discover it? Tap into it?  And what is it anyway? 

I just started a class with Lucid Living on this very topic. 

 

Here is some of what I am chewing on...

We talked about 4 components of passion. I will share two of them:

1. Boundless Love.

It is the stuff about which you say, "OMG I LOVE this!!!!!" 

2. Unbridled Enthusiasm

 Those moments when you are moved to let out a yelp and push past any fears of embarrassment. 

 

Think about the things you do that take you to this place. I think for me the list might include laughing with my closest friends and family, deep human connection when the veil drops and we surprise even ourselves. Singing or listening to my family singing. These moments, these activities, are not passion. 

These are the portals into passion. As we grow and evolve the doorways change. 

 

How often do I let these portals transport me to my passion? 

How consciously do I take myself to the door and turn the knob? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment