Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Slow & Small

0 0 1 165 946 www.pearlmattenson.com 7 2 1109 14.0 Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

I was part of a conversation with Peter Block yesterday with my system coaching colleagues from CRR Global. I was already a huge fan. I became a bigger one. He doesn't just walk his talk he lives and breathes it. 

 

"The world is committed to speed and scale. But we go slow and small and are committed to relationship...we create sacred space in secular settings." 

 

There were many more profound things spoken in this conversation. But these words lodged in my heart. It speaks to why I do what I do. And why it can feel like a struggle sometimes. In the part of the world I inhabit, the workplace is shaking from exhaustion and nervous energy. Human relationships are a means to an end. People are valued for what they produce. Meetings are a waste if they don't result in a result I can use to perform better. 

In all my team coaching sessions, there is always a moment when humanity breaks through. When eyes lock or hearts are moved. Suddenly there is silence born of awe. It is so rare.

 

And it changes everything.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment