Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Are you? Were You? Will you be?

0 0 1 210 1202 www.pearlmattenson.com 10 2 1410 14.0 Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

Married… that is! I have been eagerly awaiting the publication of Going Home Married: How to Plan a Meaningful Wedding Without Losing Your Mind by Suzyn Jackson Gonzalez.

 

Suzyn is a talented writer with a down home sense of humor so I knew I would laugh. (I did).  I also knew she was wise beyond her years and I would learn from this book. (I did).

 

What I had not realized is that even without the years of training I have put in, she gets relationships and how to create meaning- in her bones.

 

What I love about this book (even though there is no immediate use for me- 21 years and counting thank you very much!) is that it gets at the core of what is important.

 

Suzyn gets right to the point- It is not about the magazine driven mayhem that wedding planning has become. It is about you and your partner. It is about building a life and setting the tone for how that life together will begin.

 

The book is content rich AND a workbook. And because the questions Suzyn asks are so fundamental and important- it is more than a workbook. It becomes a repository for your (you & your partner’s)  most heartfelt dreams and closely held values.

 

The beautiful cover ensures this will be a keepsake that stays with the wedding album and will be pored over for years to come.[[posterous-content:pid___0]] 

No comments:

Post a Comment