Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You're holding back aren't you?

The other day my husband and I took a walk and he asked me about how things were going in my coaching business. And we had a really good and interesting discussion. He asked good questions and offered some good ideas. And then, in some weird tangential moment I heard myself saying, "You know the thing I have been really passionate about lately is....." and suddenly the emotional field shifted. My heart started beating faster and I realized I had been thinking about this in my head and hadn't really talked about it out loud. And a path opened in front of me that I know is calling me

 

How many of you are engaged day to day in ....

good stuff,

things you think are important,

things where you feel you have something to offer,

things where you feel you have a responsibility? 

 

And...

they are not really the things that fire your passion?

they are not really the things that you care so deeply about you can be moved to argue with people you love when the don’t get it?

they are the things about which you say, Oh I can't do that. There are so many people more qualified than I am. The ship has left the harbor. It's too late to get involved.

they are the things that make you think--this is the stuff of legacy. 

this touches a deep, real part of me 


So....

What if we are all waiting for you to have the courage to start talking about this?

What if we are all waiting for you to start doing something about this?

 

You know what...

I think we are.


 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment