Tuesday, June 14, 2011

One Thing #trust30

Do your work, and I shall know you. Do your work, and you shall reinforce yourself. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

Today's prompt asks us to think of the one thing we have always wanted to DO and do it. As I reread Emerson's quote I know that "my work" and "the way you will know me" is not abouit anything I do. It is about who I am. And about who I endeavor to become. My work is in my being not my doing. 

 

My work is in the quality of my listening.

My work is in the opening of my heart.

My work is calm presence, playfulness, curiousity and wonder, humility. 

My work is in trust. 

As I look back on my life it is the moments that I have stopped focusing on doing and simply alowed myself to be that stand out.

Simply allowed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment