Friday, June 10, 2011

Your Personal Message ---meet me at the well #trust30

To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, that is genius. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

What is burning deep inside of you? If you could spread your personal message RIGHT NOW to 1 million people, what would you say?

 -----

I can’t agree with Emerson. My view is to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, is hubris.

How dare I presume to know what lives in your heart? How sad that I might never try to find out. And yet, to deny what is true for me is betrayal of who I was meant to be.  

 It is an ongoing challenge to listen deeply to ourselves so that we can begin to live in consonance with our truest self. And then to face each other in honesty and with a deep respect for beliefs which differ from our own-that is courage. And perhaps, that is love.  

 

The metaphor that speaks to me here is a deep well. Would that we were deep wells for each other. Taking in the echo of each other’s words, reflecting back each other’s  countenance and offering life giving nourishment.

Meet me at the well. We have much to share. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment